At Lead Academy, we value school athletics and the beneficial skills that athletics can teach our students. Participation in sports helps to cultivate teamwork, self-discipline, effort and hard work. Athletic team tryouts are open to 5th - 8th grade students. Lead Academy is a member of the Carolina Middle School Conference (CMSC). Go Falcons!
Fall 2018 Sports Information for Parents
- Tryouts/practices for Fall sports will begin Monday, August 6, 2018. (Dates vary for each sport. See the individual page for the sport you are interested in.)
- Students must attend all tryout dates in order to be eligible to make the team. Speak to Mr. Keller if you have questions about this.
- Parents must attend a MANDATORY Parent Meeting prior to the start of the season. Parent meeting will be held on Thursday, August 16th (Meet the Teacher day). There are two meeting time options: 11:30 am and 6:30 pm. Choose the option that works best for your schedule. You must attend the meeting at one of these times.
- After tryouts, player packets with all forms that need to be completed will be given to students who make the team.
- Items due by Tuesday, August 21, 2018:
- All completed forms (Player Packet)
- $35 Sports Participation Fee (This is a one time fee for the 2018-19 school year, even if you play more than one sport)
- A valid sports physical. Sports physicals must be performed by a licensed medical professional and are valid for 12 months from the date they are completed. CLICK HERE to print the sports physical form that must be completed and signed by a medical professional, and returned to school.
- Students are not eligible to play until all forms, fees, and a valid physical have been submitted.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their student to practices and games. (Beginning in September, bus transportation will be available for some games). If your student is a bus rider or GEARS participant and you need assistance with transportation, contact Mr. Keller to sign up to take turns carpooling with other parents. We need all parents involved to make the season a success!
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Soccer