Work @ Lead
Available Positions for the 2019-20 School Year:
Special Education Teacher
Lead Academy is currently accepting resumes for K-8 Special Education teachers for the 19-20 school year. Lead Academy utilizes an inclusion model. Special Education teachers are expected to work with students both inside their core classroom as well as in small groups during tutorial class periods.
Lead Academy is currently accepting resumes for a Registered Nurse to join our staff as full-time nurse.
Middle School Math/Science Teacher
Lead Academy is currently accepting resumes for middle school Math and Science instructors. Teacher will be responsible for instructing students in Grades 6-8 Math and/or Science.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Principal Chase Willingham- email@example.com
A teacher at Lead Academy will:
- Effectively build a positive classroom culture that promotes self-discipline;
- Work with colleagues to design and implement cross-curricular units of study that utilize active pedagogy and exploratory learning;
- Plan and implement creative, organized and engaging lessons based on the SC State Standards;
- Differentiate instruction to support all students in the learning process;
- Plan, support, and collaborate with fellow educators and staff;
- Provide an inviting, exciting learning environment.
- Has demonstrated strong classroom and time management skills;
- Is committed to meeting the needs of every child in a diverse population and has demonstrated success working with a diverse group of families;
- Believes every child can learn and reach high levels of academic achievement;
- Has a clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development;
- Has a proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development;
- Has the capacity to teach using inquiry-based and hands-on methodology;
- Believes children can make a significant contribution to the school, community, and the world;
- Understands that family involvement is integral to student success;
- Wants to be part of an organized, professional learning community;
- Is a self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment that requires flexible roles.
- A degree in education or equivalent;
- Three or more years of classroom teaching experience is preferred;
- Teaching certification is required;
- State endorsement to teach in content area (math, social studies, science, language arts) for middle school grades (5th — 8th).
- State endorsement to teach elementary or early childhood for elementary grades (K5 - 5th).
- State endorsement to teach ESL, special education or gifted classes if the position is desired.