Work @ Lead
- 2016-17 Positions - See Below
- 2017-18 Positions - See Below
Why work at Lead?
- Focus on Children
- Engaging Learning Environment
- Collegial Atmosphere
- Strong Professional Development
- Shared Leadership
A teacher at Lead Academy will:
- Effectively build a positive classroom culture that promotes self-discipline;
- Work with colleagues to design and implement cross-curricular units of study that utilize active pedagogy and exploratory learning;
- Plan and implement creative, organized and engaging lessons based on the SC State Standards;
- Differentiate instruction to support all students in the learning process;
- Plan, support, and collaborate with fellow educators and staff;
- Provide an inviting, exciting learning environment.
- Has demonstrated strong classroom and time management skills;
- Is committed to meeting the needs of every child in a diverse population and has demonstrated success working with a diverse group of families;
- Believes every child can learn and reach high levels of academic achievement;
- Has a clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development;
- Has a proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development;
- Has the capacity to teach using inquiry-based and hands-on methodology;
- Believes children can make a significant contribution to the school, community, and the world;
- Understands that family involvement is integral to student success;
- Wants to be part of an organized, professional learning community;
- Is a self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment that requires flexible roles.
- A degree in education or equivalent;
- Three or more years of classroom teaching experience is preferred;
- Teaching certification is required;
- State endorsement to teach in content area (math, social studies, science, language arts) for middle school grades (5th — 8th).
- State endorsement to teach elementary or early childhood for elementary grades (K5 - 5th).
- State endorsement to teach ESL or gifted classes if the position is desired.
Apply for the 2017-18 School Year
- Substitute Teachers - Click to apply
To apply, click the word "Teachers" above to submit documents. You may also email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.