2018 Volleyball Tryout/Practice for 5th - 8th grade girls
AFTER reading the information below, please email Will Keller, Athletic Director, if you have additional questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Come prepared! Wear athletic clothing and gym shoes, and bring a water bottle.
Dates: August 13th - 16th (Mon - Thurs)
Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Students must attend all tryout/practice dates
Mauldin Sports Center
10 City Center Drive (off of Butler Rd)
Mauldin, SC 29662
Game and Practice Locations:
Multiple locations will be used.
- Caine Halter YMCA (Practices)
- Bridgeway Christian Academy Gym (Games)
- First Baptist Greenville (Games)
During the volleyball season, practices will be held approx. 3 times per week on non-game days. Practice time will be 3:30pm-5:00pm.
- Parents must attend a mandatory parent meeting prior to the start of the season. Parent meeting will be held on Thursday, August 16th (Meet the Teacher day). There are two meeting time options: 11:30 am and 6:30 pm. Choose the option that works best for your schedule. You must attend the meeting at one of these times.
- Player packets with all forms that need to be completed will be given to students who make the team.
- Items due by Tuesday, August 21, 2018:
- All completed forms (Player Packet)
- $35 Sports Participation Fee (This is a one time fee for the 2018-19 school year, even if you play more than one sport)
- A valid sports physical. Sports physicals must be performed by a licensed medical professional and are valid for 12 months from the date they are completed. CLICK HERE to print the sports physical form that must be completed and signed by a medical professional, and returned to school.
- Students are not eligible to practice or play until all forms, fees, and a valid physical have been submitted.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their student to practices and games. (Beginning in September, bus transportation will be available for some games). If your student is a bus rider or GEARS participant and you need assistance with transportation, contact Mr. Keller to sign up to take turns carpooling with other parents. We need all parents involved to make the season a success!
- Equipment needed: volleyball knee pads, and gym shoes suitable for playing volleyball (Uniform will be provided at no cost)
Tentative Game Schedule
ALL SCHEDULED GAMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, AND ADDITIONAL GAMES MAY BE ADDED.
|Fri, August 24, 2018||SF/SDS||3:30 (Tri-meet)||Away - at SF|
|Fri, August 31, 2018||St. Mary's||4:30||TBD|
|Tues, September 4, 2018||Hampton Park||4:00||Away|
|Thurs, September 6, 2018||Spartanburg Prep||4:30||Away|
|Tues, September 11, 2018||MRCA||4:30||Home (Bridgeway gym)|
|Tues, September 18, 2018||St. Joseph's||4:30||Home (Bridgeway gym)|
|Thurs, September 20, 2018||Bob Jones Academy||4:30||TBD|
|Fri, September 21, 2018||Prince of Peace||4:30||Home (1st Baptist Gville)|
|Thurs, September 27, 2018||OLR||4:30||Home (Bridgeway gym)|
|Mon, October 1, 2018||Langston Charter||4:00||Away|
|Tournament Date||October 8-12||at MRCA|