6th - 8th Grade Boys Baseball
Tryouts: Tues, February 19 and Wed, February 20 from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
Students must attend BOTH tryout dates in order to be eligible to make the team.
Head Coach - Will Keller
Assistant Coach - Chase Willingham
Tryout & Practice location: TBD
Home game location:
840 Mauldin Rd, Greenville, SC 29607
- There is a REQUIRED Parent/Player Interest Meeting on Tuesday, January 29th at 6:00pm. This meeting is being held BEFORE TRYOUTS. Parents and players must attend if you plan to try out for boys baseball.
- A valid sports physical must be turned in by Monday, February 18th (before tryouts). Sports physicals must be performed by a licensed medical professional and are valid for 12 months from the date they are completed. Print a copy here: Sports Physical Form - 2 pages. If you have already turned in a sports physical this year for another sport, dated April 2018 or later, you do not need another physical.
- Player packets with all forms that need to be completed will be distributed at the Mandatory Parent/Player Interest Meeting. All completed forms are due by Monday, February 18th (before tryouts). Please fill out forms completely, and turn in all forms at the same time. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Forms should be turned in to the front office.
- The Sports Participation Fee is $35 and is due by Monday, March 4th. (This is a one time fee for the 2018-19 school year, even if you play more than one sport. If you have already paid the participation fee this year for another sport, you do not have to pay again.)
- Parents are responsible for transporting their student to practices and games. If your student is picked up in car line each day, please plan to drive your child to practices and games. If you can help transport other students, please complete the Carpool Interest form. If your student is a bus rider or GEARS participant and you need assistance with transportation, sign up on the Carpool Interest form to get connected with other parents to take turns carpooling. We need all parents involved to make the season a success! Coordinating carpool schedules will be the responsibility of interested parents. Lead Academy will share contact information among interested families, who can coordinate carpools as needed.
- Lead Academy is a member of the Carolina Middle School Conference (CMSC), and games are played in Greenville and Spartanburg.